View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancebo View Post
I am not calling you out or anything. It seems that Trance and Dazzos would do best for strumming because they don't quack when driven hard. They keep their integrity through even the most aggressive strumming, unlike a UST.

This is one of the things I like about the Dazzo and the Trance. I feel I don't have to change the way I play when I plug in. I still feel like I am playing the guitar, not the pickup. I can't say the same about K and K because I never had one that I didn't have to EQ the heck out of it or add a mic to get it to sound natural enough.

Wouldn't mind trying the Barbara some day.
No worries! What I meant by that statement is that sometimes the most natural tone is best for certain situations. Not saying the Trance or Dazzo can't handle hard strumming, it's just that what I want out of a plugged in guitar when I strum is a big, bold tone and the Trance for me didn't provide this. It kind of reminded me of the Lyric; very natural but without that enhanced bass that I like. I just meant that if I was primarily a finger picker, I could definitely use the Trance live as it sounds quite nice in that setting.

I will say this though, I am not writing off the Trance and will be using it for a future guitar. I know my Taylor is bright and I think the Trance was just amplifying these frequencies. I would love to try it in my Larrivee but unfortunately I have the K&K in there and I really don't want to get into sanding down the bridge plate to make it work. I am hopeful that in the near future I can get a new guitar and try the Amulet again.

I too would love to try the Barbera system.