View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I also think that each guitar reacts differently to certain pickups so it's always a consideration. I am finding that for me, the most natural systems are not always the best. If I was a finger picker, I could see myself loving a Dazzo, Trance etc but they don't always translate well to strumming.
I am not calling you out or anything. It seems that Trance and Dazzos would do best for strumming because they don't quack when driven hard. They keep their integrity through even the most aggressive strumming, unlike a UST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Personally, I think to some degree, you have to play to your instrument, adjusting your technique as necessary to get a good sound. That can mean that when you're plugged in, you can't play as aggressively as you can acoustically, if you want to get a good sound.
This is one of the things I like about the Dazzo and the Trance. I feel I don't have to change the way I play when I plug in. I still feel like I am playing the guitar, not the pickup. I can't say the same about K and K because I never had one that I didn't have to EQ the heck out of it or add a mic to get it to sound natural enough.

Wouldn't mind trying the Barbara some day.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful