View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
The best way I've found is to monitor relevant forums for user reports of compatibility and bug issues. I've also noted that it can take developers of other software time to update their software if needed.
The main question I have comes from an article by Eric Cardenas on the Logic Pro Help forum (a fantastic resource IMHO). Here's a quote from the article:
"The latest macOS from Apple converts your SSD system drive automatically from HFS+ to APFS –the latest file system– without asking, and this has at least one downside for us with the hard linked directories".
Although I save all my Logic projects to an external SSD the drive in my MacBook Pro is a Macintosh HD. So my understanding is that the HFS+ file system would remain unchanged for me with the upgrade. Is this correct?

Quote:
Also, for safety, I do a complete backup of my current system before upgrading anything. That way, if things go awry, I can simply step back to where things were by reinstalling the backup.
I've been an adherent of the advice above for some time and always do a backup prior to upgrading the OS on my computer. I'll certainly do so before making the leap to High Sierra.
Thanks to all for sharing your insights and experiences with High Sierra and Logic Pro X. They are helpful.