View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 07:44 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, Evan.

When our daughter got married and moved to Phoenix, that distance was tough. We had a home in the frozen northland, and she wanted to be somewhere that she "never had to shovel snow again." I am not a desert kinda guy, but I will go there a couple months each year to be with our sweet daughter. She is not a fan of the south Texas humidity, but they come to visit us. It's what you do to be together.

A grandkid definitely changes things.

It doesn't always work out, but my goal is to be where "the weather suits my clothes." Umm... it was in the 60s today on the Maine coast.

"Fearless" entry to CF? Oh, I had concerns, but they have gone by the wayside. I thought (like many) that a sacrifice in tone would be a good trade-off for the ease of care... until I discovered that I really, really like the tone of my CF guitars. Not a sacrifice, but an upgrade!

Your posts about nylon string guitars has me curious. I played a classical nylon string at Gear Fest, but it didn't "move me." I'll be anxious to see and hear your new Emerald when it arrives.

Best wishes,
Jim