View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Jim, I find your pose in the last pic as the best with the lighter background allowing for better print clarity as business card detail.

Nice pics. You guys are lucky to be able to trip around as much and as often as you do. With all that, I assume you don't compromise any quality family time.
Thanks, Tom. Travel has been a part of our lifestyle during most of our years together. We retired early, 11 years ago, so we could do the boat cruising and RV traveling we enjoy.

Family time is good: our one and only daughter lives about 1,348 miles from our home... we go there, she and her husband visit us. In their 40s, they are still working folks (as we had been with our previous "fun summer jobs"). When we go to visit them, we generally stay for a couple months... not with them, but in our motorhome. They are both teachers - we volunteer in their classrooms, make supper for them, and run errands. We see them after work, then they get their house to themselves and we go back to our cruising condo... not too much togetherness, so each day is a delight.

When away, we check in with them each night by phone or text. When boat cruising, we used a SPOT device (satellite) to let them know where we were and that we were OK. Somewhere along the way, the roles change and the kid starts worrying about the parents. They understand our lifestyle, even though they prefer to cocoon at home.

They have been lobbying for us to move to Phoenix. If they had a grandkid for us, we might be willing. I've been told "that ship has sailed." IF we lived there, we'd still want to do the traveling, so it isn't like she'd see us any more than our current situation. When we do go home, we like having a house with water access... not much opportunity for that in the desert.

Probably more than you wanted to know.