View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsinger
Blame the band. The last time I played in a P&W band we played what the minister wanted *but* we played it *how* we wanted. It was an exceptional group of musicians, some of whom making a living at secular music. We had a gift for taking some of the most tired, cliched examples of CCM and funkin' it up enough that even your whitehaired grandma couldn't help "feeling the spirit". The church lost us and wound up with volunteers who were a bit more "compliant" than we were not to mention rather amateurish. The sad truth is that there a lot of barely mediocre players who justify their GAS by playing in a safe, accepting environment every Sunday. Even the best music sucks if it's not played well.
LOL. Talk about missing the point of what it's about entirely. My amateurish mediocre bass player has more of a heart for service and worship than most people I know. I'll take him any day over some accomplished musicians that think it's all about them, their egos, and their abilities. Don't need em. That's not at all what it's about. At risk of this turning into yet another theological debate however, I'll leave it at that. Peace.