View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 02:13 PM

Ok things progress. My Epiphone G-400 Pro turned up and immediately I was happy with how much lighter it was than their LP. Initially I also like the coil splitting but after a while I wondered if it was really needed. At least now I am decided on the model i.e. an SG.

I started to look at small practise amps, rather than the plug in ones that you use with headphones and so tried the Blackstar FLY 3 which seemed ok. Also now looking at the Roland Micro Cube GX.

I guess I was almost decided on the Epiphone until today when I went and tried a Gibson Faded (Red) in the shop. I think something about the raw wood finish, lovely neck and fretboard appealed to me as an acoustic player of Taylors. Although a base model I could tell the difference between the Epiphone G-400 PRO and the Gibson almost immediatley. Its about twice the price. I have decided to try one more Epiphone the Worn G-400 which I think is their version of the Gibson before I finally decide.

The Epiphone will have to be good to sway. If I get the Gibson I will need to sell my 12 string Taylor.
1998 Taylor 555 (2007)
K&K Pure Western Mini