View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM

I have a 2011... AJ-220sce just like your guitar but a cutaway electric w solid top. Bone saddle made a noticeable nice difference in open sound and sustain. Stock plastic pins sounds dim at best. High quality Graphteck TUSK pins...were HORRIBLE on this guitar and did NOT sound good, causing it to be so unfocused I couldn't play it for 10 minutes without removing them...then Ebony pins..they were the best and give it a deeper stable tone, while the bone saddle keeps notes clear and clean. It is my little beater guitar and it plays excellent with very long sustain and focused clarity of every note now all the way up and down the neck, zero buzz. It may be slightly thinner in resonance and tone than my high end guitars, but its tone is amazing for the price range, and it sound is pure and clean, and quite pleasurable to play. Its utterly flawless vintage sunburst finish...as well as the entire finish front back and sides is as beautiful as my $3500 Martin...and this guitar cost only $299. !!! I get a heart burn thinking of it. In fact, I took a poll of 20 friends and asked them to look at both guitars side by side, head stocks covered to hide the maker, and asked them which guitar they preferred for LOOKS ALONE. 100% of them chose the $299 Epi over my $3500 Martin! ...More heart burn..!! And of those, the people who were NOT guitar players...but audience LISTENERS...could not tell the difference in sound between the two...more heart burn still! I ran for the Rolaids immediately. ...Well... I could tell the difference, the Martin sounded better to me..!!!! So how you fix that little Epi puppy up, what you replace in it..like...saddles, nuts, pins, strings, even guitar polish, has everything to do with how happy you will be with it. As well as what others who hear it...will think of it....although I warn you...that may may give you heart burn!! Good luck.

Last edited by GuitarLight; 05-14-2013 at 02:31 PM.