View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Charter Member

I asked if Aaron had been making these. The answer is no, he was helping with the City Limits Jazz models.

Buying an instrument thinking it will appreciate is dangerous. More than a decade ago people bought D'Angelicos thinking the prices would continue to soar. The prices bottomed out. Buy the guitar to play it.

This is one of those guitars most players want to buy, but many shy away from when it comes down to the actual purchase. When I bought mine there were at least 8 people in line in front of me to buy it. The list whittled down to one other person very quickly and as I had every intention of making a purchase I drove four hours to the store, took out my checkbook and wrote the dealer a check and told him to call that person and tell them he had a buyer standing at the counter paying cash. I drove home with the guitar an hour later.

I had a friend over a few months ago who is a hot shot picker. He sat and played mine until his eyes glazed over. I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth anything to you unless you play it. There's no way to forecast if these will increase in value. Plenty of people have lost money on musical instruments. If you want it, buy it.