View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkrell View Post
My vote is on the ebony bridge. I think the black ties in best with the inner ring of the rosette, and should go well with the fretboard & etc. While the Rosewood bridge is attractive, I think it's suited to a different guitar, and the striping detracts from the radial grain in the rosette. You mentioned that there was some subtler striping in the ebony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Since you have told us the Celebes Ebony will be used for binding and the fretboard is Ebony, I would have to go with the Ebony bridge. It certainly looks nice with the Ebony sound hole.

The ARW bridge is definitely awesome but may be distracting for your current design. Just my 2 cents!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_pridx View Post
Not to clutter up the bridge decision further, but African Blackwood might be a third option to consider. It pretty much looks like ebony on the surface but will have more of the tonal characteristics of rosewood. Regardless, I think it'll look nice with any choice. All in all, though, it's looking great!

Ok, thanks, that actually helps a lot. 3 for the darker bridge albeit ebony or possibly ABW....I was leaning that way as I almost thought the rosewood colors were too close, ie. not just right with the Redwood burl used for the rosette and thought the contrast with the ebony bridge made the rosette stand out more. I will ask Steve about possible ABW, dark, but with a little more grain pattern...

Tom