View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 06:04 AM

Hi!

I had to buy my first nylon stringed guitar a year ago. Playing over 20 years different guitars and it was still a bit unfamiliar task to find nylon string guitar. I had opportunity to test thin bodied Alhambra in local shop. I liked it a lot, but thinner body didn't give me the deepness I was looking for. Also Fishman electronics were a bit dated in this model. I went through several guitars. Then I found la Patrie guitars in the net and Cordobas. Both guitar were not available to test in my town.

I have Seagull steel stringent guitar and it seems to be somehow relative to la Patrie (Canadien made). They look bit same and most important thing is that there is something same in sound. According to my listenings from net: La Patrie seems to have very accurate sound. But its thinner in e1, b2 strings. Most importantly sound seems to be colder and it does-t have the roundness.
Comparing to Cordobas which are made in Spanish tradition in mind. Cordobas has more warm and roundness. And also crispiness when player wants it.

These things in my mind I bought Cordoba C7-CE Cedar. It has perfect warm Spanish classical sound. Because I play a lot improvisational songs as a solo and I have small hands I had this guitar action lowered just little. That way it came more near to flamenco sound too but not too much. I also had golpeadors installed to it because my style is wearing the top.

Here is one example of my guitar: