View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:01 PM

Unfortunately most of the really good sites are more lap focused, and spider/dobro focused. Some National stuff, and some "spanish" style playing gets mentioned, but not so much. Reso Hangout is an example. Great bunch of folks. Great info. Unfortunately as I said, not a ton of what you want.

I think it's really hilarious that there isn't a National Forum. But there isn't. Maybe it says something about National Owners that there isn't a single passionate owner who is ALSO tech savy enough to put one up and run it! No slam... I are one of dem owners who can't run a wesite

This is a weird one. It's exactly what you want, but is not designated as a resonator website. Very low activity, but very serious people. I honestly don't know how long it will continue. Great people. Low participation, low tech. High on resonators and the style of music you want. http://www.guitarseminars.com/guitar-forum

Michael Messer's comes the closest to what you want that is also pretty active, but it seems to be a few people who know something, and Michael, who knows a ton, but has definite opinions which may or may not be the only truth. I can't remember him ever being wrong on the positive info he provides, but on dismissing some stuff? There are almost always alternatives... Great guy. Very helpful and informative. Tries to run his retail business as a top notch organization, and does a great job doing so.