View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 03:44 PM

Default Wow! Lou Hinkley at Daedalus Speakers

Because several of you recommended that I look into Daedalus speakers I have been thinking about them all week. Then I saw that he encourages people interested in his products to give him a call and ask questions: so I did. Let me say, Lou Hinkley - the owner - is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to speak with. He is so knowledgeable and thoughtful that I was just blown away. I am most certainly going to be buying my cabinet from him. For the record, even though it was suggested that the prices were high I think he is VERY reasonable. For the cabinet I am going to buy, which is custom built with 2x8" and 2x5", in solid cherry it is less than $800. He took the time to speak with me for over 45 mins and answer all my questions. I mean, seriously, that kind of customer service is becoming more and more lost in this Guitar Center saturated world. He's a great guy, with a great attitude and product!

I'll be sure to let everyone know what the cabinet is like when I move forward, but with everything he says - and those of you who recommended him have said - I'm expecting a great product. Can't wait!

Thanks so much for all the input everyone, it was so helpful.