View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 07:01 PM

About 8 years ago a friend of mine was at a Flea Market. guy had some junk and in a box was , as I recall, a 55 Les Paul, completely disassembled and in need of serious restoration. But it was still valuable. He asked the guy how much he wanted, the price was ridiculously low. Say more than 50 but less than 200. He told the guy, you know, this box of junk is really valuable. He was an honest guy, especially considering he was a Pro Broke Guitarist, Music Teacher and his car was broke down. He told the guy like 3 or 4 times until the guy just said he didnt care, didnt play a guitar, didnt know anything about guitars and if he wanted it to take it or he was going to throw it in the back of his truck, because he was leaving and it would be sitting in the rain. After a couple of "Are you sure's" he ran and borrowed the "more than 50 but less than 200" and took it home.

Called around and a well known buyer and restorer of antique, old Vintage (Whatever you want to call them) Guitars closed the deal.

He had to ship it so the guy could look and make sure it was right. He did and in exchange he received $12,000 and a brand new Gibson BB King Lucille. Considering that it needed complete restoration, and he was completely honest about the whole thing, I was glad to see he found it and after a little research that seemed to me to be a good deal. If I would have seen it I probably wouldn't have took a second look at the box of junk.