View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 04:14 PM

I also have 2! And I live at the end of the guitar selling trail and let me tell you, everything I ever wanted is usually double!

Now, this time last year I was reading these very pages and there was a thread about a guitar with Tommy and Phil Emmanuel's signatures ruining the guitar.

What seems like moments later, I saw it at an online second hand instrument shop and then I was there and then I traded some budget guitars I was going to get around to selling but hadn't....and I brought home my fabulous 1993 Lowden S35 with trades only!

So, a few firsts - Tasmanian Blackwood back and sides and Cedar top and after playing all year, I like this wood combination a lot for my bare fingerpicking style.

And then I saw a new Maton SRS808 had the same woods! I had never owned a Maton but had played some truly awful set up ones over the years and had put them out of mind. I had always heard how good the pickup system was. And I played mine at a shop, great! Asked the price. "New? You're kidding! Wrap it!" I could have 4 of those locally made guitars for the price of an imported one....one more coming maybe, probably don't need...4....

I love Cedar and Blackwood!

BluesKing777.