View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Is that (in the pic) where you set the FX level on channel one? I try to have the dial at "0" which looks to be around 2 o'clock. Perhaps that may help. On my Yamaha MG8CX, I start with the FX level at the "0" location, then dial up or down the parameter on the effect. If that doesn't help...

...it looks like there's plenty of room for a reverb pedal there. I read great things about the MXR digital reverb. I'm happy with my TC Electronic Arena (similar to Hall of Fame). I bet a mini Hall of Fame would be just the ticket to satisfy your reverb desires.
Hey, YamahaGuy - thanks for the reverb thoughts. I messed with the knobs today and found a setting that wasn’t too bad. Not great, but useable. I have a couple of reverb pedals - a Holy Grail and a new Boss RV-6. I may mess with that one. I’m more concerned with reverb on my vocals though.

What I really learned today was that I absolutely hate the LR Baggs Element in my J-29. I simply can’t stand piezo pickups at all. I hate every one I have ever tried. Even with the Aura pedal helping some, I can’t stand the attack and brittle sounds I always hear coming out of the speaker. Strident and so unlike my guitar. My band mates thought it sounded pretty good, but I can’t live with it. I don’t know if I should try a Lyric, or a K&K Pure Western, or just try to mic it with something like a K&K Meridian. I’ll do some research here on the forum, I guess.

Anyway, I’m gonna mess with the Soundcraft some more and see if I want to keep it or send it back for the Allen and Heath. I really wanted to try the Zed i6fx, but the lack of a mid knob turned me off. The i10fx would be great, but it’s getting bigger than I would like.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
La Michoacana Classical (my Dad's guitar)
Beat to heck Seagull S6
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Fender CD 60 dread that lives in Greece
Harmonicas in a Farmer rack