View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMartinMan View Post
Your quest may result in a great find however, I would NEVER (said loudly) suggest using anything battery powered for live performance. That "oops... I forgot to change the batteries" or bad batteries or will happen..... and could stop or ruin a live performance. Just my decades of live-performance experience.
The reason I want to have a mixer that can be run from a battery (without using a lead battery + inverterter, something I already have), is that I want to be able to use it outdoors with no power outlet available. I have a Cube Street EX that run on battery, and I'm really interested in getting the new LD Maui 5 Go in time for the outdoor season the coming summer (that season is really short here in Stockholm, Sweden).

I have done some further investigation, mostly looking at images, and found that the Soundcraft Notepad series use and external DC power adaptor. For example this one:

18 V DC I could easily fix with a pack of rechargable batteries, and the connector seems to be a standard. But is the Notepad series any good?

/Per