View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Rschultz,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this. I started a thread last week asking about this very topic. You've tried exactly what I am interested in trying - pairing the K&K with a TruMic using Bagg's preamp systems.

However, I would prefer to go the mono route with the Anthem SL because I do a lot of open mics and don't have the luxury of stereo output/input.

My understanding is that the SL has a fixed crossover and the mic volume is just a blending function. So, I wonder if the baked in EQ in the SL preamp makes much difference (compared to the full Anthem) since it's just handling frequencies below 250 Hz?
I know UST's have a bad rep here on AGF, but in the case of the Anthem SL having a crossover at 250 Hz (as you mention), I wouldn't worry too much about it if you just want to go mono. It's great by itself. Give it a shot if you want, but I don't think you'll have very good results simply plugging the K&K into the UST port of the Anthem.

FYI, I go mono out in my dual source setups. But yes, it requires a mixer of some kind. For years I used a 2 channel combo amp as the mixer. Recently I got a Helix, which works great as a mixer, and has tons of routing and effect options.
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp