View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 12:20 PM

The souz-vide heater worked great. Its a tall device, made for a deep soup pot. I didn't want to drop my tools into the deep pot of hot water and have to fish them out every 25 seconds. I took a really old Tupperware short pitcher, cut the bottom of the handle so it would hang on the edge of the pot. Then I drilled a decent number of 3/8" holes in the sides, enough to let the circulating water pass through the pitcher. Also drilled a few smaller holes in the bottom for drainage and additional circulation.

I had to test it out and after filling the soup pot with hot-hot tap water, I set the heater to 175 and the temperature started to climb from about 130 or so. Impatient as I am, at around 160 or so I took one of the knives and applied pressure to the backs glue line. In short order I had over a one inch slice to work a helper blade into. I only went up to 2 inches total distance because I wasn't going to do the disassembly standing in the kitchen.

This back is going to come right off. Then on to the top braces that have slipped or let go. I'm planning to use an iron for heat, set to 150 F, I will use a laser remote temp gun to find that setting. I hope theres room to work with the iron through the open back.

More to follow.