View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 10:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

The wedding was outside after all. Got rained on just a little but the couple really wanted to do it outside. It was at a winery and it was beautiful.

They wanted two microphones for the ceremony so I set up the Sunburst M6BR8 on a short stand near the front and plugged two SM58s into it along with the line out from the EAE A1BR8. I played off to the side and had the A1BR8 near me.

This worked fine since the the mics were not for singing and there was no need for reverb. Of course I piled on the reverb for my guitar and that went through both amps.

The coverage was fine and it was loud enough for 100 people but just barely. Anyone thinking of getting these amps needs to be aware that you have to be sensitive to the gain and they might still not be loud enough for your needs.

I also played "cocktail music" after the ceremony at a different location. Crazy convenient to just pick up the whole affair and move it in one trip. Too bad the connection between amps isn't wireless. It is XLR so it could theoretically go a very long way but some sort of wireless would be really cool.

I play jazz using BIAB tracks played back from my iPad running the OneTrack app. Using Bluetooth the track playback is also wireless. I could play tracks from my phone and keep the phone in my pocket.

Both of the amps were on for more than two hours and the battery level indicators still had three lights (full).

I'll use this setup again. It is like playing through good studio monitors. Very rich and detailed.

M6BR8

Last edited by JohnDWilliams; 06-09-2017 at 11:06 PM.