View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 01:15 PM

I doubt very seriously that my instrument is different - the nice thing about carbon fiber seems to be the degree of consistency due to the homogenous material construction. Bear in mind, I'm probably coming at this from a very critical perspective. Just about every parlor guitar will be slightly unbalanced in regards to lacking bass.

The first few frets were the sweet spot for the X7-OS. Capo at the 5th fret or higher and listen to the quality of the sound -- Does it change? Mine definitely did. Pluck the low E and then play some notes on the D, and G string on the first few frets. Any difference in the volume or musicality of the note?

The Emerald sounded very pleasing for a lot of different things and the "balance" certainly wasn't unreasonable for what the guitar is but you absolutely don't get the same kind of response from that guitar as you would a larger bodied Emerald. In short, the X7-OS does have limitations and that doesn't mean it is a bad guitar at all. As I mentioned, I was impressed with the instrument on many different levels but I simply made a mistake thinking it would be satisfactory for me since it would be the only instrument I own. Based on the X7, I don't think I would have had any issues at all with a larger bodied Emerald and if I had more money to devote to my guitar playing hobby, then I would have kept the X7-OS for its good sound, durability, and portability.

Last edited by Simon Fay; 03-23-2014 at 01:20 PM.