View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:11 AM

See, this is why we can't have nice things.....lol. Actually, this is why I could never own a guitar store. I'd be fed up by the end of the first day. I know my local shop here in Louisville takes a lot of grief online because of their "policies". They will let you play anything in the store for as long as you want. But, they want to take it off the wall for you (while assessing that your giant silver Buck Rogers belt buckle is not going to decimate the back of the guitar), so it doesn't get dropped or banged into the others and people complain about it. They are also somewhat attentive (though extremely nice and knowledgeable) which people complain about too. On the other hand, the shop I frequent in Lexington, I can go in just to browse and the guy is always saying "hey, come on upstairs in one of the rooms and let me give you this 5K Koa or 10K Brazilian guitar I can't afford to try out. (so he can hopefully find those extra dollars in my wallet that are there for emergencies). And then he leaves you alone to play. And I read people complaining about it online as well. It all comes down to when people want to go in and browse, they seemingly want to be able to play anything they want to play, but when it comes time to buy they then want a "demo" price because someone else did the same thing to it. I'd throw everyone out of my store and be out of business in a week.....

Taylor 514ce FLTD, Sitka/Tasmanian Blackwood from Ted at LA Guitar Sales
Taylor 618e 1st Edition, Sitka/maple (2015)
Taylor 814ce, Sitka/Rosewood (2014)
Taylor 526ce, all Mahogany (2014)
Baby Taylor, mahogany (2014)
Taylor 210ce (2014) (on consignment)
PRS S2 Custom semi-hollow body
Fender Blacktop Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro 120th
Gibson SG Classic 120th