View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paje View Post
I just don't have the prerequisite equipment.
That's what I was referring to, when I implied we CAN'T. We are not equipped.

Quote:
There were posts referencing "marketing hype". I wanted confirmation of these claims. It's proper to be clear that no manufacturer is actually making those statements.
Fair enough. I will try to find such claims, If any at all is there.

Quote:
My Batson is the most responsive/sensitive guitar I've ever experienced. I think a 25% gain in sound-transmission efficiency is possible. It responds efficiently to the lightest touch and can get loud as anything when played such. The tone varies nicely with technique and it excels at expression.
So this is where my question comes, already asked before to others, "Do you accredit the niceties of your batson guitar to the innovations (departure from traditional designs, say soundhole less top) , or do you feel that your batson guitar would sound same even without these innovations if it was built by same luthiers viz. batson brothers in any other design?"

Quote:
I understand that you're not trying to compare the three guitars to one another. I am suggesting perhaps you should.
That would yield nothing. I mean, I am trying to access net effect of the innovative feature(s) as compared to traditional instruments. In comparing two non-traditional instruments I would end up concluding nothing!

Quote:
The contrasts I've detailed between my McPherson and Batson, for example, make comparing them as a group to traditional guitars a bit of an academic exercise imho. If all these guitars shared all of the same "non-traditional" features the discussion would probably be more fruitful. In my own comparison (McPherson vs Batson) the only shared design feature is the cantilevered neck.
That's why the comparison is one to one. One from McPherson/Batson/Tom Bills Vs. One traditional - preferably with similar build quality.

Quote:
The only deduction I can make from that is the contribution of the cantilevered neck can be negated by bracing, soundboard hole and/or bridge placement.
My feelings as well. You said it, this is exactly why I can not compare them with each other.

Quote:
Lastly, there is a science vs art aspect. Not to mention that words are utterly insufficient. I would humbly suggest - go play these models that have piqued your curiosity. You'll get a massive ROI in information.
Now this is something I won't be able to do. I don't think there is any store in my country selling any one of this (or for that matter, any high end custom guitar). This is not going to happen in near future. And that's the reason I need to ask it here .