View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 09:23 AM

If it is true Classical guitar, the neck is thick enough that if crafted properly does not need a truss rod, especially adjustable ones. Anytime you cut holes and insert metal into wood it changes the tonal properties. Thick lacquer finish, which the Cordoba's I saw had, also deaden the free vibration of the top sound board. Don't know how you can say either of these don't change the tonal properties.

If it is a hybrid that many here seem to own, then yes an adjustable truss rod is probably needed. The neck is much thinner and needs the extra support.

As far as dkstott saying I made erroneous statements, please let me know what they are.

1. Cordoba C9 and C10's are assembled in China on a mass assembly line. While they are full wood, and very nice, it is still made in China. There is no hand craftmenship. (From their own website).

2. Kremona Fiesta FC's are made individually made by true Luthier's in a family owned small business.

3. We all have different ears when it comes to the sound of a guitar. If we all liked the same sound, there wouldn't be too many different guitars out there.

4. Apparently I hit a nerve with Corboda owners. Sounds like everyone here owns one. That was not my intention. I was just stating my views on the guitars I played.

Peace out..