View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
A couple of questions: 1. How does the Line 6 compare to a QSC K10? and, 2. I had read some time back that some folks were having reliability issues with their Line 6? Not an issue with the L2T?
I had a pair of QSC K10 Active Speakers and they were decent but IMHO sounded kind of sterile and not musical to me. I sold them. Currently, I have one Line 6 L2t and find it sounds more musical (warmer) than a QSC K10. The Line 6 L2t also has a decent built-in mixer with three-band EQ that includes a sweepable midrange, a reverb, a chorus, and, as mentioned in another post, an acoustic-guitar modeling effect on channel 1, which I don't use but its supposedly good for fleshing-out the tone of some acoustic guitars with a UST or an electric guitar with a piezo bridge pickup system.

As mentioned, it wasn't a reliabilty issue with the Line 6 L2t but an issue with the cooling fan making some audible noise when hitting certain notes on a guitar or bass. I've never had an issue with the cooling fan making noise but I don't push the system real hard. Per Sweetwater, the cooling-fan noise issue was limited to a small batch of Line 6 L2t speakers.
Adamas I 2087GT-8
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5

Last edited by SpruceTop; 10-08-2015 at 10:48 AM.