View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
If you have a hard cork block and some wet/dry paper, you could carefully sand the surface smooth, then buff it out - just be very careful not to go thru - but I'd suggest living with it -
This is along the lines I was thinking...to just try to level out the little bumps somewhat and then buff with polishing compound. Maybe try on a small area first and see how it pans out.

originally posted by Joe White..."When the pores are swelling like that it can be the pore filler causing it. Some users of UV pore fillers have experienced different levels of failure. If you were able to determine what finishing process and materials were used, you might be able to decide on the best repair (if any) to make".

I might try to direct our Larrivee sponsor to this post to see if they could give me some insight, or at least confirm exactly what it was they used.

I guess this is all part of acquiring a high-end guitar...something happens to it and one might tend to freak out (although to be honest, it was like this when I got it). Apart from the relatively minor finish bobble, the guitar plays great and sounds wonderful. I do worry a bit how this might affect resale value if I ever wanted to try to parlay it into something even more ostentatious.
Taylor 412K ('96)
Yamaha LL16-12 (SOLD)
PRS 'Studio' (SOLD)
Rickenbacker 660-12 (SOLD)
Fender USA Deluxe Strat
Fender USA Roadhouse Strat
Fender MIM/USA Partscaster
Fender MIM Nashville Tele
Kelsey Custom Hardtail Strat
Fender MIM P-Bass