View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 07:01 AM

Cool How Lucky Are You?

I think it's important to step back occasionally to think about how lucky I am. I live in the USA, and I live in the state of Minnesota, which is even better, and I live in Minneapolis, and have access to many outlets where guitars and other instruments are sold. Willie's Guitars, Hoffman Guitars, Twin Town Guitars, Olson Guitars, Groth Music, The Podium, several Guitar Centers, and many smaller "boutique" shops...all within a short drive.

By some stroke of luck (or fate), I have done ok (compared to many others) and can afford to spend a little money on several nice guitars. I retired early (age 47) due to medical issues related to stress, but with all that behind me now, I am now enjoying life. I have 3 grown children and 6 grandchildren, and love every minute I spend with them. I'll be 65 on Sunday, and I think there is a surprise party in the works because that is what my kids do...they love to surprise me and shower me with gifts! They won't be giving me a guitar (they think I own too many), so I've taken it upon myself to do that!!! NGD on Saturday! I'll keep you posted.

Glen
Gibson LP Deluxe/ES-347 TD/Chet Atkins CE
Fender MIA Deluxe Strat
Art & Lutherie 12-string
Bellucci Concert
Sigma CR-7
Recording King ROS-06 FE3/RPH-05
D'Angelico "New Yorker"
New Masters "Esperance SP"
Hermosa AH-20
“I never met a guitar I didn't like.”