View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 08:47 PM

FUSION GIG BAG REVIEW....Just got the Fusion case today and wow, it is the most complete gig bag/case that I have ever laid eyes on. Its rigid enough, not a HSC by any means but far from a bag type of 'bag'. It has a removable very well made piece of covered foam several feet long inside for smaller bodied guitars. It promptly came out since this bag is for my archtop with a 17" bout and 42" long. It fits perfectly. Without that added foam, the case has enough foam for great protection. It also has beefy shoulder straps and a waist strap for carrying it on your back. These neatly tuck away when not used. Inside there is neck lock padded velcro strap about 8" long that goes over the neck of the guitar to hold it in place. The neck then rests on a nice carved out piece of covered foam on the underside.

For storage there are four pockets. The first is one at the headstock on the outside that is 5" wide but 16"long. On the top of the bag are three more storage areas ranging from wide and about 8" deep to wider still and 12" deep and the last is 14" wide and 12" deep for song books etc. Plenty of storage and nicely done with great zippers and all of it is finished off very smartly. I cannot find fault with this. Its expensive but for a guitar over $1500 its definitely worth it. OH, and its lightweight with a nicely done soft padded handle that feels sturdy.

I feel confident that I could run my guitar in this case into a table or whatever and it would be find. I could drop it from five feet and the same would be true. Great case. Great thought and craftsmanship. Highly recommended by me and no affiliation.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo

Last edited by hotroad; 11-16-2017 at 09:31 AM.