View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westman View Post
now I'm confused, I watched these two videos of good clear standard guitars then it struck me the player was playing in DADGAD which I'm interested in trying. I followed the players links and was surprised to find the guitar he had custom made is not DADGAD optimized / geometry / internal architecture for tuning he plays in 'exclusively', he plays a standard guitar
I'm starting to appreciate and prefer the sound of the DADGAD multi-scale.
That'll be me!

Yes I do use DADGAD tuning almost exclusively and if I was ever in the victorious position of ordering a guitar from Greenfield HQ for myself I wouldn't hesitate to ask Michael to make sure the neck was "loaded for bear" in the DADGAD department...

I love the guitar I play (a Kostal MD in The Tree), it's the perfect instrument for me and in terms of tone and response it gives me exactly what I was looking for and so much more. My MD is very much optimised for DADGAD in terms of set-up, voicing and neck carve.

I hope that helps.

PS. Joel, it was a pleasure and a privilege to be part of this build process and I look forward to hearing the voice of this wonderful guitar as it develops in the years to come.
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.