View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 12:59 AM

Talking

So I was asked to tell my story about 12 strings and why I like them.........I had an acoustic duo back in the late '70's playing the Jersey Shore bars and at the time we were together I played a 6 string Yamaha FG300 and played rythym guitar, my partner played a Guild 12 and lead guitar. As things go we split up, and thru the winter I was working in a new partner and he had a 6 string acoustic. I felt we needed a fuller sound so I went and spent $300.00 on an Ovation 12 string because they sounded great straight into the PA system, and I didn't have to buy an amp. I really got to love that Ovation, played it for 4 years in the act, and then split up with the duo, and got hooked up with a young lady and moved to FL and had to join the real world. The 12 got stolen in a break-in, but I never forgot how much I loved the 12. Fast forward about 30 years, I'm single again, retired and back to my music. I have a couple electrics, a nice Ibanez acoustic 6 and just this week bought myself a really sweet Yamaha 12 string, it is beautiful, and I have a few mods to make , like the nut, bridge saddle, bridge pins, and a strap pin to get thid baby up to where she belongs to be, but she is just a beauty and sounds great !!! Yamaha LL16-12 .......plays like a dream, so that's my story, and I'm stickin with it !!!