View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I'm right there with you StratCat. Based on my experience with the new mixer, I like the idea of the iP2000. I can lift 55lbs. And it's not like I am going to lift it very often. My rehearsal space is in the basement up and down a large flight of steps with a tight turn through the main level. I envision lots of paint/mud repair on those wall corners. :-)

How do your friends cope with the weight of the sub. Is it awkward to lift?

My only hesitation with the JBL is using my mixer with the onboard mixer. The gain stages on the JBL are oddly low on the line settings. Others here do seem to get by ok. I wish it had dual XLR line inputs. Then, the decision would be easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Actually, none of my buddies have complained about the weight. Really, 55 pounds isn't bad - I'm not THAT old! I used to do the full "rock band club scene" for years and compared to the big systems and amps I used for that, this is nothing! The JBL One looks interesting, but doesn't appear to have near the power of the Turbosound. It would be nice to think I could do a solo acoustic gig with the JBL with no mixer, but from what I'm reading, the gain issue you mention is a problem without an external mixer.

The ability to make adjustments remotely with Bluetooth on the Turbo is cool too.

2010 Taylor 814ce
2008 Taylor 816ce
2008 Taylor 426ce LTD (Tasmanian blackwood)

LR Baggs Venue
Ditto X2 Looper
TC Helicon H1 Harmony Pedal
Allen & Heath ZED 10FX
LD Systems Maui 11 G2
Galaxy PA6BT Monitor
iPad with OnSong
JBL EON ONE Compact (typically only used as a backup)

My Facebook Music Page
My YouTube Page