View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 05:01 AM

Default Dave's compact PA system adventures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotValid View Post
And the Merry-go-round keeps on goin around. What will Dave get next? Stay tuned for the next episode of "Dave's Compact PA System Adventures"..........

Brought to you to GC, because Dave is in there every second day. Lol
Ha ha! It never ends. Gotta admit, I was bummed. I though I had it worked out with the cheap speaker. Harbinger is fine for hobby use, but maybe just not good enough for people used to working with pro equipment.

I will publicly admit that Ken was right, again. I wonder if Ken (SpruceTop) gets tired of being right all the time? :-). I certainly get tired of being wrong most of the time. Though, I try to make new mistakes as often as possible.

He suggested exchanging for the JBL One or Turbosound iP2000. I think he's right. Those were the ones I thought were the best in the sub $1000 price range. I'm tossing the iP1000 in for consideration too. If I can get a full refund, I'll consider an EVOX 5 or 8.

I'll use either the XR mixer or the TC Play Acoustic before the JBL, if that's what I get. Both have low cut and feedback protection missing in the JBL onboard mixer. I have to use something with the Turbosound regardless. The menu driven DSP/mixer seems fairly worthless for real use.

The benefit of the JBL is that, in theory, I can use it straight up with their basic reverb and EQ.

But, after setting up the XR mixer last night, I feel empowered and equipped for any future speaker challenge. (humor attempt)

Off to my real job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by martingitdave; 03-15-2017 at 06:04 AM.