View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 04:46 PM

I give you credit Banker, I have been playing guitar for 26 years and I can not play for or with others.

Like today, the nice guy across the street is here for the weekend and he came over to say that he and some of his musician friends will gather in the driveway, "come on over", he said, and "bring your guitar".

Well, I know what will happen, I'll show up with my guitar and the others will stop their activity and act encouragingly toward me and I will begin to play and some will try to play along behind me but quickly realize that I am in a world of my own and they can only sit and wait until I am finished. I don't sing so my play must carry the day and it doesn't. It is quite humbling to put in as much time as I have over the years into my music and not be able to bring it forth to others.

I don't play badly at all, just quietly and lost in my own effort which, unless you are willing to sit there attentively, looses interest, attention drifts away and I furtively come to a stop and put my instrument away vowing not to do that again.