View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 02:18 PM

Yeah, that’s what I had to do MiG. The amp is German made in 1969 and is not made like an American amp. The reverb tank connections were soldered in and was smaller than the smallest of standard replacements. I ordered the closest I could get to physical size and input/output impedance. I will solder in some cables with RCA connectors and plug into the new tank. While in there I will clean all the pots and check the switches. The two reverb switches don’t want to turn off and I expect they would be hard to find as a replacement.

I taped off the reverb cables and slipped the back on it so I have something to practice with until my new amp arrives. Once I get the new amp, I will start working on this relic and go through it as best I can. I would like to have it in good shape. Right now with no internal reverb connected, I am using a Boss RV 6 for reverb since I can put it through the clean amp. It actually sounds pretty good that way.

Once back together, if I can’t make the German reverb switches work, I will add a switch accessible from the back to disconnect the reverb and use the pedal board. I am not into lots of effects, but a Hall reverb is kind of necessary for the sixties and seventies stuff I play.

In a way the amp is not worth fooling with, but I think I can make it into an interesting sixties solid state amp. Since I have had it for almost 50 years, it is kind of hard to let go of.
2017 Les Paul Tribute Model
Bugera V22 Tube Amplifier
1969 Oscar Teller Classical
Martin DRS2
Yamaha FG700S