View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 02:59 PM

Default Taylor 314CE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgherb View Post
It might help to know what models you are considering so that members who have owned or played the respective "pure acoustic" or the "acoustic-electric" versions that you're focusing on can weigh in with their experiences of each and what it was that made them opt for their final decision.
I played about 12 or so different manufacturers and models while in Nashville at the Gruhn Guitar Store. This included Martin, Larrivee, Taylor, and a couple others. I tried to sample a couple price categories from each manufacturer just to see what the differences were.

First of all I quickly realized that for what I want, I'll need to be around the (new guitar) price of $1700 or more, which equates to about $1200 used.

I kept coming back to the Taylor 314CE (around $1700). It's an electric by the way. Really like the tone and feel right out of the box.

Played a Martin D-45 before I played anything else just to see what a high-end guitar was like and I prefer this Taylor over any of the Martin's I played. So far, I'm not a Martin person.

I'd like to hear from anyone which additional manufacturers or Taylor models I should check out since I am a fan of the 314CE. Thanks!