View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 06:39 AM

Finally got back into the workshop yesterday afternoon and this morning and got some good work done.

Sanded a 1 degree (or pretty close) slope on the sides onto the area between where the first horizontal brace is and up to and including the neck block. Chiselled away the the linings to create some pocket cutouts, trimmed the ends of the braces to fit into these pockets, trimmed the edge of the soundboard a bit closer to the outline of the guitar, and finally glued the soundboard to the sides!!!!! and after that cut the neck much closer to the required dimensions. I plan to shape the headstock next time.

just about the only way to show the 1 degree-ish angle i sanded onto the neck block ends of the sides
Untitled by David Emm, on Flickr

A terrible picture but this is one of the pockets i cut into the linings. The linings were from the outside edge of the Walnut piece i cut the neck from. Turns out this wood chips out very easily, i'll have to pay attention when shaping the neck.

The sides sitting on the the soundboard before the soundboard was trimmed closer and the soundboard was glued on

I used a 6-8mm thick flexible board under the guitar to give myself something to clamp to when gluing the soundboard on, also added a few extra clamps after this picture was taken

cut the sides of the neck pretty much to dimensions