View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekutree64 View Post
iPhone recording is certainly better than nothing. Should be enough to get a frequency plot in Audacity, and a general idea of what it sounds like.

But even more than the tap tone, flex it with your hands and memorize the feel of the stiffness. Thumbs on braces so you don't risk splitting it or popping brace joints. The total stiffness of the braced soundboard is one of the primary differences between a cardboard box and a fine guitar.
That makes sense, although I have have no reference of stiffness to go against until i make the next one.

On another point. I have some graphite strengthening rods that I never used in my bass build as I couldn't get the right router bit and decided to go without instead of wait 6 weeks for the bit to arrive.
I might use them on this build now but my next question is, these things seem super strong (which is the whole point of them) but if I put these in, does that mean the truss rod cannot create a neck bow so easily? won't this just create much more pressure on the underside of the fretboard when I turn the truss rod key and make it likely the fretboard could pop off? or will the graphite bend, just not very much?