Thread: Beater acoustic
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 03:04 PM

Get thee to eBay for something gently used. There you will find Gibson LG-0s (some of them all-solid, some with lam. sides) and Martin D-15s within your price range--and maybe even satin Larrivee Parlours or "03" series, perhaps even first-generation Taylor 214s and 210s. But if you are looking for a "beater" that will see a lot of beach, BBQ and campfire rather than performing duty, why require an all-solid guitar? Yamahas (especially the Costco specials for half what you're looking to spend), Seagulls and Simon & Patricks, even Taylor Big Babies/110s and Martin laminateds would all serve you as well sonically and more durably than all-solid wood guitars. IMHO, Blueridge and Epiphone guitars, especially the dreads, can be very heavy relative to their size--sturdy but a PITA to haul.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.