View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 01:03 PM

I'll start with full disclosure, Godin is one of the sponsors we have for Guitars In The Classroom. I first saw the Merlin at the NAMM show and immediately had to have one. As Robert said in the video, this is an ideal instrument for children (and teachers) to play in the classroom and write and sing new words to familiar songs to enhance learning. I've also used mine as I've played out in the last month and have had non-playing adults playing simple songs in minutes. It's easy and fun to play and makes music playing very accessible to all.

But it's not just for beginners. When I first saw it, my friend, Roger Hurricane Wilson, was with me and immediately starting playing blues riffs and tunes. I'm using it as I play at retirement and nursing homes, chording and playing melodies like You Are My Sunshine.

Godin is currently planning for additional models. One will have frets at regular 1/2 step intervals and they will also have one with a built in pickup.

As you can tell, I really like and am having fun playing and teaching others to play my Merlin.