Thread: Lamaq Acoustics
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 07:18 AM

Mine has good nut action, and a bone nut as far as I can tell (either that or a very heavily filed, sawed and sanded bit of solid hard plastic). The jumbo frets are a bonus for me. I find they play very easily and they offer years of proof against wear. The action was set low overall, about 2.7mm bass 1.9mm treble, and I raised the bass with a layer of heavy metal foil. Plugged in, the bass E is far too loud on my AER but I've had this problem with this amp before. Tapping the saddles indicates good 'even' seating.

Reaction at our folk session was - another new guitar Davie? One of your handmades? I made no comment and let a few people try it, it was generally liked, and the guess from players was £300-400 guitar. A few fell off seats when I revealed the actual price. I wait to see what the small slim body model is like when deliveries resume. I see that Lamaq has now sold out of his entire Christmas sale stock except a couple of basic level sapele/spruce dreads and a bunch of £65 classicals in the same wood combo.