View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 10:12 AM

Default NEW VIDEO!

Hey folks, this is The Golden Era Guitar's latest offering - a Datlen Luthiery Single 0 in Engelmann Spruce and Ziricote b/s. John might be relatively new to the scene but his guitars sure sound like he's been building for much much longer. This particular instrument is no exception and I am extremely impressed by it.

The guitar is very loud, responsive and balanced. I think what stands out most is how large the guitar sounds (I would put it somewhere between a 00 and an OM) as well as how deep and present the bass is. It is very sweet sounding with strong mids and trebles. This Datlen is quite the perfect couch guitar with the comfort of a small guitar, without sacrificing on the tone of a larger instrument.

Sounds great played fingerstyle, but I would have to say that it is a perfect companion to a singer-songwriter when strummed and picked as an accompaniment to vocals. I believe it is the sweetness of the voice that lends itself so beautifully to such a style. That being said, I do not want to pretend that I am a great singer and therefore have recorded a fingerstyle sample in the video below.

So first things first, photos (courtesy of Josh Isaacs Photography):

If you want to skip straight to hearing how the guitar sounds, fast forward to 2:37

Specs:
Model: 0-12
Top: Englemann Spruce
Back/Sides: Ziricote
Upper bout width: 10"
Lower bout width: 13.625"
Lower bout depth: 4.125"
Scale length: 25.4"
Body length: 19.5"
Nut width: 1.75"
String spacing at saddle: 2.25"
Rosette: Bubinga
Fretboard: Macassar Ebony
Binding: Bubinga
Purfling: Curly Maple
Bridge: Macassar Ebony
"Manzer" body wedge: 0.375"
Finish: Nitro Lacquer
Tuners: Gotoh 510

List Price: $5,000

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420