View Single Post
Old 03-04-2002, 07:14 AM
More guitars than talent

My wife and I just celebrated one year on our worship team. When we started, the band was just starting up again after a 3 month hiatus. We practiced for 3 months before we performed. It was a great time to become family and to gel as musicians. That I know is not an option for most Worship teams.

We have 12! singers (max). Out of those, 2 sing lead 80% of the time. They are the professional musicians of the bunch. 8 of the 12 can/do sing lead. It is very hard on the egos sometimes when it may go weeks before we can take a turn. I get to sing about every other week. Got to sing 2x this past Sunday. Even one I wrote about 20 years ago in college. Cool! Got to remember that it is for HIM, not us. My wife and I both read music and it was very hard at first when we were told, just make something up in harmony! Now it's a blast and easy. If only it were that easy for me to learn lead guitar . I'm getting better and very much improved in the last year, but a long way to go!

01 Taylor 814ce, 05 Taylor T5 Maple, 78 Ovation 10th Anniversary, Larrivee L03-12RE

98 American strat, 06 Gibson LP Supreme, 05 Gadow Custom Single, 05 Gadow Custom Hollow, 04 Agile Goldtop, 05 Variax 600, 03 Splatter Strat, 04 Homebuilt Tele, Dillion John Lennon model, Gibson Flying V, Agile Valkyrie SG