View Single Post
Old 02-25-2002, 10:43 AM
mstorie

Thumbs up

I use a #27 in my K14c. It sounds wonderful. I actually have a Baggs dual source system. I wasn't happy with the feedback on the internal mic.. and I used alot of it to get the overtones on my guitar. I spoke and emailed David Enke at PUTW and posed my dilemma. He recommended a #27 in place of of the internal mic so I would get the woody overtones and be able to blend in the SBT pickup under the bridge. I installed per Daves instructions but felt the EMG preamp for the #27 was a little noisy. At Christmastime, I drove down to La Veta (I'm in Denver), and left my guitar with Dave just to get his input. He spent some time on it and coaxed even more tone out of it. I was quite pleased before taking it to him. Now I'm really sold. Dave is a great guy. Customer service like no other pickup company out there. He really liked the sound of the K14c and actually wanted to record some of his music with it. That impressed me. He's always working on new pickup designs and perfecting that which he's already created. Two thumbs up!