View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 04:50 PM

Default Buying a Classical Guitar in Spain

[When words fail, music speaks.
– Hans Christian Anderson]

Thanks for your input, Dosland.
I've read scores of relevant threads on Classical group and have been really busy building up a paper database of pros and cons for my short list.

I have e-mailed Francisco Bros. in Gatos de Gorgos and will be checking out their B40, B50 and B70 on Tuesday. They are expecting me. The factory is only a half hour drive from where I am staying. Interestingly, they have opened up distribution in the USA:
Texas Music Lab
Jack Buras
2129 West Parker Road, Ste 301
Plano, TX 75023

and are looking to distribute to other countries.

The next day I shall be driving 90 minutes to Muro de Alcoy to visit the Alhambra factory. here, I hope to try the 5P, the 5P Señorita and the 7C.

After researching into the Cordoba C7 and C9 I am very interested BUT have some reservations. Cordoba seem to have only one distributor in Spain and that is in the Balearic Islands and only one distributor in England (London). Yes, I am English, but I live 380 miles from London. I note that this Forum seems to have mainly American members and maybe that is why the Cordoba guitars are getting such good reviews?

I would want a guitar that is well-recognised in UK/Spain for possible resale in future years. I already have a valuable oboe that I have owned since 1978 and I have not been able to sell it because Noblet stopped making them 35 years ago!

At least I will have increased my knowledge by the end of these visits, even if I haven't made my decision.

Last edited by TinyTinaTwangs; 04-04-2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Added a quote