View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 01:07 PM

Smile Buying a classical guitar in Spain

I'm a retired music teacher. I played classical guitar for a year or so during my high school years. I had to give up the guitar as I was playing 3 instruments and studying for exams.
Now I am retired, I want to learn the classical guitar again.

I have been reading reviews and forums and am interested in the Cordoba C7! Which is about the right price for me.

I am currently in Spain for the next four weeks and am keen to go on a tour of a Spanish guitar maker's. I am staying very close to Gata de Gorgos in the Costa Blanca. Here there is the Francisco Bros. factory. The B40 and the B50 would be affordable. There is also the Joan Cashimira factory. Their "130" would be stretching my budget but it seems to be an equivalent of the others I've mentioned.

I would benefit from a narrowish neck. Although I could try them for comfort, I'd have to get a guitarist to play them for me.

When I shop, I am usually very indecisive if I am presented with too many options. So, before I get totally mixed up when shopping for my new guitar, does anyone have any comments about how the guitars I have mentioned stack up against each other?

I am a newbee to forums.