Thread: First Guitar
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdave View Post
Hey folkes,
I am looking into getting a special needs guy his fist guitar that he can call his own. He is currently playing a loaner that is tiny and sounds awfull..His caretakers ( my friends) say every evening when they get home he imediatly goes to his room and plays for hours. He is catching on, albeit slowly, but he is managing to get 3-4 chords without looking...I was thinking Yamaha FG700s..Or in that price range...Ya'll now what that range is. Gonna get a hard case and a little metal tag with his name on it and everything...He will feel just like one of the boys when he comes over..Suggestions?...Sadley, I will not get to "test drive" it first because of my current location. I will have it shipped home, then present it to him when on R&R in July...Thanks for all input..Dave

Dave, I think you picked a winner -Yamaha's make a great product for the money -very durable -and that one has a hardshell case and stand -that seems very reasonable - you might want to give him a set of strings and some picks as well with that guitar- your a nice guy !