View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 07:09 AM
Charter Member

Over a month since I started this thread. As we gear up to head out, we take a couple tasks each day to close up the house and get ready to roll. The scoots went into our storage unit yesterday. The boat comes out Monday morning. Today was: deck furniture cleaned, ready to be put away, and... gasp... inventory and put away guitars.

A good time to photograph guitars and related stuff for an insurance inventory. Batteries out, everybody shined up, and into cases. While the X7 and X20 did get their photos taken, they were the two that aren't being put away. A final decision will be made on which stays and which comes along in a couple days.

When I was just about done with the inventory photos, Joan said to me, "Maybe we can make some photo art with those images?"

Yeah, I wasn't going for creative, just cataloging. Here are a couple images that make me smile:

The louro preto on the X20...

The shimmer of the carbon fiber weave on the face of the X7...

And, the guitar that started it all for me 51 years ago...

It wasn't my first guitar, but it was the guitar I never thought I'd actually own. Lots of memories with that instrument, and the classic style still makes me smile.