View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamincolor View Post
I play acoustic guitar in a 4-6 piece ensemble that includes another acoustic player, electric guitar, bass, mandolin and percussion. When I switch from strumming with a plectrum to fingerstyle or when taking a lead, I often find myself "lost" in the mix. Is there a pedal that boosts the volume for this sort of application. I tried a Boss Super Overdrive pedal and the results were terrible (these are obviously made for electric guitars). Ideally I'd like to find something with a simple switch for turning the extra volume on/off.

Thanks for your feedback/suggestions.
I play in a similar sort of ensemble, and a simple Boss GE-7 EQ pedal does the trick. Just set the volume and the EQ how you want it for the leads or finger-picking. It bypasses when it's off. Just step on it when you're ready for the lead, and hit it again when you're back to strumming. Very easy and simple. There are better quality EQ pedals out there, if you've got the cash. Any of them will do, and perhaps will do even better, but I have no complaints about the GE-7.

L.