View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transylvania View Post
My first "real" guitar was a 1976 D35S. Yours brings back a lot of great memories. A couple of questions--I assume the top is sitka? Could you describe the neck profile? And, since it was custom, were there any upgrades--bone saddle, nut, etc. Also, is there a clear pickguard, or no pickguard? Last one--what is the scale?

You have a real beauty there.
Transylvania, Thanks, I wish I could afford to keep her (from both a space and finance perspective). As I recall the specs, the neck is a "low profile." I don't have the order/build sheet in front of me and haven't memorized all the details. I'm pretty sure the scale is the standard one (long) for the D-35S and specifically that would be 25.4 (short is 24.9 right?). The black pickguard that it came with (standard) was removed before a shadow could form. Yes, the top is sitka spruce. And I do recall that all the "white parts" (nut and saddle) are bone, but won't swear to that without going back and looking at the build sheet.

Oh and I almost forgot, one of the custom upgrades that I had done was a gloss neck.