View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
What I meant is that you can not turn off the Aura imaging with the Aura Enhance VT.

You can with any F1 Aura or Retro. But with the Aura Enhance VT, the signal always go through A/D, IR convolution, D/A stages. You can not choose the image, you can not dial the amount of raw pickup. Everything is set.

So when you get this signal into your Tonedexter, it has already experience some kind of latency + the IR that gives the distance to the mic.

When your signal gets into the Tonedexter, it will again go through A/D, IR convolution, D/A stages, increasing latency and loosing dynamics.

That's all I say. Note that it's not a big deal. If you run a TC Helicon Play acoustic, a dbx GoRack and run into a portable line array with its DSP your signal will experience again 3 times those conversion.

Some people don't like latency accumulation and dynamic loss.

It is exactly as if someone uses a guitar with a UST and chain a Fishman Aura pedal and a Tonedexter... In this case the Fishman Aura does not bring anything to the table... It justs eats battery, dynamic and time.

I don't know if what I try to explain is clear...

PS: Adding A/D and D/A stages also increase noise (at least digital noise).
Now I understand what you were referring to. In the case of the Matrix VT Enhance, however, there is no onboard Aura system and no Aura sound image being used. My friend has a 15 series Martin with the much simpler Matrix VT Enhance system, so there's no Aura to worry about.

Martin put the Aura VT Enhance systems in some of the higher end 2016 models, like the guitar which SpruceTop has. When it comes to being compatible with ToneDexter, I imagine the simpler Matrix VT Enhance will be just as compatible as the Aura VT Enhance, if not more compatible (for the reason you've brought up).

Last edited by guitaniac; 03-21-2017 at 03:46 PM.